SGC EP12 – How to Prototype on a Shoestring – Tin Foil and Rubber Bands to Worldwide Surfing Eyewear Brand
Kurttis Shipcott, Kurtis USA, LLC
How do you show your concept / idea to others ? The Story of Kurtis Eyewear @KurtisEyewear began in a garage just like Apple, IBM, Disney and Punk Rock. Jon picks the brain of Kurtis on the early days. Building prototypes made of tin foil and rubber bands to heating plastic in his mom’s kitchen.
In this minisode of the Surf Goggles Chronicles
- -Clay, napkins and other materials-
- -Keep it simple-
- -You need to show your vision-
- -Cut & sew factories-
- -Tell everyone & open your network-
- -Cutting out the middleman-
- -Don’t spend your way to failure-
- -Solidworks & Photoshop-
- -Build it, draw it and have a clear vision for finished product-
- -Kickstarter didn’t exist, but finding customers before launch is possible today-
Walk before you run. @surfgoggleschronicles www.SurfGogglesChronicles.com My closest surfing friends laughed and doubted me, but Quiksilver, Reef, Billabong and the surfing core encouraged me. Believe in yourself or no one else will. Jon and Kurtis leave you with solid action steps and money saving tips by again sharing their story to help entrepreneurs just like you.