SGC EP1 – Creating Content with a Worldwide Reach, Pro Riders
James Ropner, Pro Kiteboarder
James Ropner, pro Kiteboarder @jamesropner joins Kurtis & Jon as they discuss building mini media empires with Facebook, Instagram, kiteboarders and surfers. How do they reach a worldwide audience, gain validation and athlete endorsements? They discuss how they do it and much, much more.
In this episode of the Surf Goggles Chronicles:
- How to build a team of loyal ambassadors (surfers, kiteboarders and photographers)
- Patagonia – 20 Million and Change – Shared resources
- Building your own media company
- LLC vs Benefit Corporation
- How to add value to get your dream job
- Warm leads verse cold leads
- VP of Supply and VP of Demand
- How to be a sponsored athlete in detail
- Being Good isn’t Good Enough
- Offer More Value then you expect to receive in return
This is the roadmap of how Kurtis Eyewear went from concept to market and is now sold in all 50 States in the USA plus 65 countries worldwide. It’s a bipolar roller coaster of horror and success. From patents, trademarks, sourcing, manufacturing, marketing, e-commerce to worldwide distribution. Kurtis Shipcott and Jon Berezay tell you how they did it.